I am absolutely over the moon today to be able to share with you the Cover Reveal for the new detective thriller THE DETRIMENT BY DAVID VIDECETTE – A COMPELLING DETECTIVE THRILLER BASED ON TRUE EVENTS.
Before I show you the fabulous cover though here’s a little bit about The Detriment to whet your appetite.
David says: “After twenty years in the police, I’m used to unmasking criminals, but today I’m delighted to reveal the cover of The Detriment for the very first time.”
“A detective thriller, it follows on from The Theseus Paradox, my first novel, which was set against the backdrop of the 7/7 London attacks.”
“This second outing for Detective Jake Flannagan sees him sailing close to the wind as he struggles to thwart a nightclub bomb plot and a blazing Jeep attack on an airport. I use my police knowledge in my books, and The Detriment is once again based on true events and actual criminal investigations.”
Are you ready……..
How fab does that look, I can’t wait to read this.
David also has some fab tips on creating a cover.
Here are his top 5 .
- Remember that we all judge a book by its cover, even if we say we don’t! Give the design as much forethought as you would your writing.
- Kickstart the process by throwing together a ‘mood board’ of images and colours which appeal – and even those which don’t!
- Design should always reflect your book’s content, otherwise it’s just decoration.
- Have an outline idea of what you’d like, but remain flexible.
- Engage with the professionals, because you’ll need their design expertise to make your book look as good as it can.
Some great tips there, thanks David.
So all I have left to say is “roll on June” and a huge thanks to David Videcette for letting me be part of this fabulous cover reveal. It’s an honour to be taking part.
You can find out more about David Videcette and his books based on true events here, or chat to David on Facebook or Twitter.